Just a little something I wrote randomly :P I don't even know if it makes sense...
~ Mara xx
It was watching her.
She tried to ignore it, busying herself with cleaning the dishes, but she could feel its stares, boring into her back. She felt queasy. Why was it watching her? She had stopped being a Soul Saver years ago. She dropped the tea towel onto the countertop, then went in to check on her children.
"Tori?" she called, walking into her 14 year old daughter's room.
Victoria Walsh looked up from the laptop she was on. She was sitting on her bed, her legs crossed under her.
"Yeah, mum?" she asked, sighing as she closed down the laptop.
"I need you to watch Liam while I go out to the shop," Victoria's mother said in a hushed voice.
"Alright," Victoria nodded, brushing her hand through her brown locks.
Victoria frowned. Something wasn't right. Her mother seemed tense. "Mum, are you okay?"
Her mother looked up quickly. "Of course, sweetheart."
Victoria narrowed her eyes, but didn't say anything. Her mother came over and kissed her forehead. "I love you,"
"Love you too," Victoria replied, sitting up as her mum left her room. Victoria stood up and stretched, a yawn escaping her lips. She plodded over to her brother's room and went to open the door, when she heard a shriek. The door flew open and Victoria stumbled backwards. She screamed as she saw her mother's body lying on the ground, a pool of blood growing around her quickly. There was a wound on her stomach, and...
Victoria's stomach lurched and she fell to her knees.
Her head was gone.
Victoria's head spun. She felt sick to her stomach and crawled into her brother's bathroom. She vomited in the toilet and sat there for a minute, shaking and gagging. When she felt alright, she crawled back inside and almost collapsed on the carpet. Her arms were shaking and she felt weak.
As she looked up, her eyes widened.
Her mother's body was gone.
Victoria stared. Her mum was there a few seconds ago. It was practically impossible that-
She paused. There was a sort of a chewing noise, coming from the wardrobe. Victoria slowly stood up and tip-toed over, careful not to make any noise. Just in case whatever was inside wouldn't kill her or attack her or both.
Victoria hesitated, then reached out and pulled open the wardrobe door. Nothing could have prepared her for the sight she saw that day.
Her brother Liam, eating an arm. Her mother's body beside him. Armless.
Liam's head slowly turned and Victoria screamed as she saw.
His light blue eyes had turned red.
SHOCKING. O_O
ReplyDeleteBut also cool and jepic. :) WANT TO FIND OUT MORE. :)
You're really good at writing, btw. You had just the right amount of detail, which meant that you really captured the scene and made it realistic whilst not boring your reader with overloads of description so their brain switches off. Mine does that quite often in stories and then I miss what's happened. -_-
ReplyDeleteNo, I'm actually suckish at writing XD That's not my normal style, that just... happened. *frowns slightly* Yeah. But anyway...
DeleteThanks Starar:) *hugs*
I know how you feel... my brain switches off all the time and I skip a few paragraphs, looking for exciting things.